SPECIAL GRANT FOR COAL AND ENERGY MINERALS IN ZIMBABWE
5.1 Application is made to Secretary, MAB who:-
• acknowledges receipt by date-stamping and assigning it an application no. e.g. SG 1/09, SG2/09, SG3/09 denoting the sequence in which they were received and the year received)
• also checks fulfillment of legal requirements of the application.
Criteria for Recommending Special Grant Applications
The MAB considers every application brought before it and reports thereon to the Minister with its recommendations, whether the application should be granted or refused.
In consideration of the application the MAB looks for the following:-
• the background of the applicant(s);
• their programme of work;
• proof of technical expertise;
• whether the applicant is a fit and proper person to be issued with a special grant;
• the financial status of the applicant; and
• whether it would be in the national interest to issue the special grant.
In terms of Sections 291 up to 296 of the afore mentioned Act, special grants are issued for all minerals except Coal, Mineral Oils and Natural Gas which are issued under part XX of the Act.
6.2 Application is done to the Permanent Secretary through the PMDs.
6.3 Application requirements:
• Completed application form
• Company documents
• Project document
• Location map
The Secretary for Mines and Mining Development
7th Floor, Zimre Centre
Cnr Leopold Takawira Street/ Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
Private Bag 7709, Causeway, Harare
TEL: +263-4-777043; 777022/9; 798771/5
FAX: +263-4-777044/ 780117