Issues to do with the Mining and Minerals Amendment Bill and Artificial Intelligence (AI) will be among the key topics to be discussed at the Association of Mine Surveyors of Zimbabwe (AMSZ) Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held in Victoria Falls in October.
The AGM and Conference will be running under the theme, “Strengthening the Mining Innovation Ecosystem through Investment, Technology, Skills, and Collaboration” which will run from the 11th to 14th of October 2023.
According to AMSZ President Gabriel Mwale, there will be six key issues that will be discussed at the event which include among others government mine Surveyor’s certificate of competency, lobbying for increased technology in Mine Survey Offices nationwide and plenary discussions.
AMSZ AGM and Conference 2023, Key Issues:
- The Mining Bill and the Role of Surveyors therein.
- Lobbying for increased technological investments in Mine Survey Offices nationwide, to enhance accuracy, efficiency and safety.
- Promoting the latest and cutting-edge global best practices and procedures.
- The Government Mine Surveyor’s Certificate of Competency.
- National Certification of Mine Survey Assistants to improve the accuracy of survey data collection and measurement.
- Plenary discussions on improving general services that Mine Surveyors provide to the industry.
About the Association of Mine Surveyors of Zimbabwe (AMSZ)
The (AMSZ) is an affiliate of The Chamber of Mines of Zimbabwe and was formed in 1985 as a Professional Non-Profit Body that represents the interests of the Mine Surveying Profession in Zimbabwe. It comprises of members from Mine Surveying Departments of various Mining Organizations, both locally and abroad, as well as other affiliate members from diverse technical fields related to Mine Surveying and the Mining Industry in general.